REPORTS & GEDCOMS
TO CREATE A DESCENDANT OR AN ANCESTOR REPORT:
- Select Search on the left side of the main page to find and create the individual's personal page.
- Select the Descendants tab at the top of the person's information.
- Select the Register Format tab. This will produce a list of descendants.
- To change the number of generations shown in the report, click on the arrow next to the Generations: field and select the number of generations wanted.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
NOTE: To save the report to your computer, cut and paste the information into your Notebook or other word processing program.
TO CREATE A GEDCOM:
NOTE: You must be a Registered User to create a GEDCOM. To register, go back to the main page and select Register for a User Account.
- Create a report for the person whose ancestors or descendants you want to include in the GEDCOM.
- Select the GEDCOM tab at the top of this person's information.
- Enter your email address.
- Select Ancestors or Decendants.
- Select the number of generations.
- Select Build GEDCOM.
- Select Save to Disk on the pop-up window.
- Select OK. The GEDCOM downloads to your desktop. Follow the instructions supplied with the program to install the it and to import the GEDCOM
NOTE: Although you will be able to read this text file, in order to get the most use of it, you will need a genealogy program to display
and edit it. You can get a free copy of Personal Ancestral File (PAF) at the Software Downloads page at the LDS website.